- Tutorials >
- Getting started with SIMBA
- Creating subcircuits and custom libraries
- Modeling a system in electrical and mechanical domain
- Stop at steady state
- AC Sweep analysis
- Parameter Sweep analysis
- Using the C-Code block
- Using the "C code (external file)" block for debugging purpose
- Using the Controlled PWM Generator model
- Using the Thermal modeling of power switches
- Import thermal library file (xml)
- Modeling coupled inductors
- Using the Python module
- Basic >
- PS and Drives >
AC-DC 3-phase Diode Bridge with AC-side inductance
This example shows an AC-DC 3-phase full-wave diode bridge with:
- an inductive AC source with:
- a 3-phase voltage source of around 285 VRMS and a frequency of 50 Hz,
- a 3-phase inductor of 100 µH,
- a capacitive load with a DC capacitor of 100 µF,
With the simulated waveforms it underlines the behaviour of the diode bridge commutation with an inductive AC source.
The schematic below shows the electrical model considered. Diodes are ideal components.
The figure below shows the AC input and DC output currents.
The figure below shows the AC input and DC output voltages. A measurement of the DC voltage average value has been performed usinf scope cursors on a AC period (20 ms) and gives a value of around 650 V.